Seems like the SUV game is getting stronger day by day, As Jeep has recently teased the brands new 7-seater SUV. The SUV in question is speculated to be called “Commander”.
The new Jeep Commander will first be launched in Brazil followed by other markets. The new 7-seater was teased via the brand’s Instagram handle.
It is also speculated that Jeep could also launch the Commander in India following the steps of Tata which recently launched the 2021 Tata Safari and Hyundai who has revealed the 7-seater version of the Creta, the all-new Hyundai Alcazar.
How powerful is it?
- It is expected to come powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine accompanied by a 4×4 configuration and a 9-speed automatic transmission.
- The engine will also be tuned for better performance.
- It is also rumoured that with the increased space it will also have off-road capabilities.
- If and when launched, it will compete against the likes of the recently launched Tata Safari, Mahindra XUV500 and the soon to launch Hyundai Alcazar.
Anything of the feature end?
- Going by the teaser video, the Commander will get to feature a new trapezoidal grille with slimmer slats with a set of redesigned LED setup.
- It is also speculated for the Commander to copy the design language of the wagoneer and.
- It will share its platform with the Jeep Compass with a reworked D-pillar
- On the Inside, we can expect to see features like a free-standing infotainment system, Jeep’s UConnect tech, automatic climate control, a panoramic sunroof, ventilated seats, wireless charging facilities, rear Ac vents for both the second and the third row.