The domestic car maker ‘Mahindra’ has started the streak of updating its vehicle line-up in the market. Mahindra has recently updated the XUV300 and has given it a brand new AMT. The new automated manual transmission now also comes with the turbo petrol engine.
The Powertrain and the Drivetrain
If you follow the automotive trend in India, you may be knowing that Mahindra used to offer an AMT with the diesel and now it is a part of petrol package. For you to know, XUV300 is among the most powerful subcompact SUV considering its competition.
- Powering the vehicle is a 1.2-litre turbo petrol engine that is capable of generating 110ps of max power and a massive 200Nm of peak torque.
- Earlier you only had an option of a 6-speed manual gearbox. But now, you can also opt a 6-speed AMT to make the city derived a little easy. (But Boring!)
- As with the Diesel engine, the AMT was offered from the W6 variant. And similar is the case talking the AMT with Turbo Petrol into account.
What all Are the Changes in the Mahindra XUV300?
Besides a new gearbox, the Mahindra XUV300 boasts of some minor changes.
- To begin with, the new W8(O) gets a new connected car tech which Mahindra likes to call the ‘BlueSense Plus Systems’.
- This feature gets more than 40 connected car tech features. Some of these include,
- Several Vehicle Remote Control
- Live Vehicle Tracking
- New Interior colour schemes
- The sunroof is standard from W6 variant
How Expensive is Mahindra XUV300 Now?
Considering all the changes the XUV300 has undergone, the prices will bump up. But the question is, by how much? Well, new the W6 variant is priced at ₹9.4 lakhs (ex-showroom). And the W6 AMT will cost ₹9.95 lakhs (ex-showroom). Coupled with a 5-star Global NCAP crash test rating, this Mahindra is a really smart buy.
The XUV300 is among the tough competitors in the sub-compact SUV segment. That said, the SUV rivals the likes of Tata Nexon, Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.