So, if you had plans to buy the Mahindra XUV500, then you might have to get things as going by leading media reports the homegrown brand is planning to discontinue the XUV500.
The reason cited for Mahindra to discontinue the XUV500 is that the brand is planning to launch the 2021 iteration of the car which was also recently teased. The recently revealed XUV700 is also expected to replace the Mahindra XUV500.
This decision leaves us with a very important question, When and who will the XUV500 make its comeback?
Although, rumour also has it that Mahindra could relaunch the XUV500 as a 5-seater SUV and position it under the XUV700. This might also help the brand make its way into the premium SUV segment.
What can we expect from the upcoming XUV700?
The XUV700 also codenamed W601 will be arriving somewhere around the third quarter of 2021.
- We can expect the new SUV to come with petrol as well as a diesel powertrain. Not just an ordinary petrol, but Mahindra’s powerful turbo petrol mStallion engines.
- Alongside this, we can also anticipate the XUV700 to get an option of a manual as well as an automatic transmission.
- On the inside, Mahindra XUV700 will dial up the game and is said to offer more premium cabin with a better equipment list.
- Also, similar to XUV500 the new SUV may also get an AWD system that will definitely improve the driveability of the vehicle.
- With its launch, the new Mahindra XUV700 will rival the likes of the 2021 Tata Safari and the soon to launch Hyundai Alcazar.