The all-new Maruti Jimny- the Three-door beast could be considered as the most awaited vehicle in the country since it was first showcased at the Auto Expo 2020. Maruti Suzuki has the Jimny is already a virtual successor to the Maruti Gypsy. And according to leading media reports, we could see the Maruti Suzuki Jimny hit Indian shores by November 2020.
Rumour also has it that the all-new Maruti Suzuki Jimny will not be sold under the NEXA dealership but as a regular Maruti Suzuki ARENA model. However, many dealerships have denied this news as well.
Suggested Read: Maruti Suzuki Announces Price Hike Across Its BS6 Line-up
- On the Mechanical from the Jimny will share the same 1.5-litre K15B petrol engine which could also be seen in the Ciaz, Eritga and the current-gen XL-6.
- The Jimny is also expected to carry a high local value with aggressive pricing and could be placed below the Vitara Brezza.
- The engine on the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza will come mated with either 5-Speed manual transmission or an optional 4-Speed automatic torque convertor which will only be available for the top-end variants.
- Going with the recent reports we can also see a Suzuki’s All Grip Pro 4×4 system in the Indian spec variant as well along with SHVS or mild-hybrid system as standard.
- Feature-wise the Jimny will have a massive touchscreen infotainment system compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Additional features on the Jimny include the LED projector headlamps, electric ORVM’s with turn indicator and many more.
- With its launch, the Maruti Suzuki Jimny will actively rival the likes of the Force Gurkha and the Mahindra Thar.