Rumours suggest that India’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki is all set to unleash an array of new and updated models. It started with the WagonR EV and now it has come down to the next-gen Maruti Suzuki Celerio.
And now certain media reports suggest that the homegrown is readying a new buffed up version of the brand’s most iconic hatchback, The Maruti Suzuki WagonR.
The set version is also speculated to be The Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition. With its launch, the new updated Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition will still rival the likes of the Hyundai Santro and the Tata Tiago.
Any new update?
- Talking about updates, the rumoured Xtra Edition of the WagonR will get a number of cosmetic updates.
- These updates include chrome garnish on the grille, back door, fog lamp and number plate.
- We will also get to see black protectors on the front and rear bumper accompanied by all-black body-side moulding and wheel arch cladding.
- On the Inside, the new limited edition will be equipped with a charger extender, trunk organiser, a first of its kind digital air inflator, body-coloured ORVMs, door handles, wheel covers, tilt-adjustable steering wheel, keyless entry, steering mounted controls and audio system with Bluetooth and USB connectivity.
Any update on the mechanical front?
- It is said to be offered with the same 1.0 litre 3-cylinder and 1.2 litres, 4-cylinder K-Series petrol engines.
- Both the engines produce 68bhp with 90Nm of peak torque and 83bhp and 120Nm of peak torque.
- Transmission options include a standard 5-speed manual and an optional AMT.