MG G10, a rival of Kia Carnival, is going to be launched by the end of 2020. However, both the vehicles share the same MPV segment, still, various differences are there. Both of these cars come with major price differences between. Also, there are obvious differences in terms of features and specifications. So, let’s have a quick comparison of both cars.
Suggested read: The MG G10 is the Kia Carnival Rival Launching Soon
MG G10 Vs Kia Carnival | Overview
|Dimensions||MG G10||Kia Carnival|
|Length||5168 mm||5115 mm|
|Breadth||1980 mm||1985 mm|
|Height||1928 mm||1740 mm|
|Wheelbase||3198 mm||3060 mm|
|Ground Clearance||134 mm||170 mm|
|Colours||Glaze Red, Starry black, Aurora Silver, Burgundy red & Candy White||Aurora Black Pearl, Steel Silver, Glacier White Pearl.|
- Kia Carnival is smaller here, in terms of height and length. So, G10 would be more spacious than the Kia Carnival
- The wheelbase of G10 is more than Kia carnival. The larger wheelbase of the MG MPV will be providing more stability to the car at higher speeds.
- Ground clearance of G10 is significantly lesser. So, we must not expect good off-roading.
5 Colour options are available for MG MPV whereas Kia Carnival comes with only 3 colour options.
MG G10 Vs Kia Carnival | Engine Specifications
|MG G10||Kia Carnival|
|Engine Type/s||BS-6, 4 valves, 4 cylinders, 2.0 L Diesel engine.||BS- 6, 2.2 L, 4 valves, 4 cylinders, Diesel engine.|
|Max. Power (ps/ rpm)||169 / 3750||200/ 3,800|
|Max. Torque||350 / 1750||440/ 1,500~2,750|
|Transmission||5/6 speed manual + Mild hybrid||8-speed automatic transmission|
- As we observe, G10’s 2.0L diesel engine is less powerful than 2.2 L diesel engine of Kia Carnival.
- The G10 gets a manual transmission and Kia Carnival comes with 8-speed automatic transmission which is more preferable these days.
- G10 will be featured with a mild-hybrid system too. So, it would be shifting the interest of customers towards hybrid cars too.
Note: MG hasn’t released official engine specifications of production G10 in India. So, the comparison is based on Chinese MG G10. Also, The MG MPV is expected to be launched with a petrol engine option and automatic transmission option too, but no official confirmations yet.
MG G10 Vs Kia Carnival | Features
Both MG MPV and Kia Carnival are modern MPV’s and come loaded with general and safety features like the touchscreen infotainment system, electronically actuated seats, ABS, EBD etc. Kia Carnival being at the pricier end comes with more added safety features like automatic cruise control, EBD, etc. but we must wait for the launch of G10 to know more about its safety features. However, some features of MG G10 are out, like power- sliding rear doors, panoramic sunroof etc.
MG G10 Vs Kia Carnival | Price
The MG MPV is expected to be priced in between ₹20 -25 lacs which is lower than Kia Carnival’s price, which ranges from ₹25-34 lacs. However, Kia Carnival has got a positive response in the Indian market due to its modern features and ride quality it delivers. But, we must wait for the MPV be to launched in order to check whether the prices are justifiable or not.