MG Motors India is all up and ready to launch the next Big Thing, the MG in the upcoming effective season. And just before its launch, we bring you the exclusive images of the new Ford Endeavour and the Toyota Fortuner rival being tested.
What powers the MG Gloster?
- A 2.0-litre twin-turbocharged diesel engine will power the MG’s flagship SUV. The engine is based on the FCA’s 2.0L MJD II turbocharged diesel motor.
- The engine generates 218hp with a peak torque of 480Nm, while paired to a 6-speed manual and an optional 8-speed AMT.
- Reports also suggest that Gloster SUV will also receive a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol unit capable of generating 224hp with a peak torque of 360 Nm mated to the same transmission options.
- Dimension-wise, the MG Gloster is 5,005mm long, 1,932mm wide and 1,875mm tall, and has a wheelbase of 2,950mm.
- These proportions make the Gloster the biggest offering in the premium SUV segment. The new MG Gloster will also come with two seating configurations of 6 (2+2+2) and 7 (2+3+2).
Will it be a feature-loaded Flagship?
- As seen on the captured spy shot it gets a massive 3-slat horizontal grille with LED headlamp set-up.
- We will also get to see features like 8-inch MID, triple-zone climate control and 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system with connected car technology.
- Additional feature includes electrically adjustable front seats offer heating, leather seats ventilation and massage functions.
What’s in it for Safety?
- The safety package will include six airbags, ABS with EBD, brake assist, ESP, hill hold and descent controls.
- Additional safety features include a 360-degree camera, front and rear parking camera and tyre pressure monitoring system to name a few.
What about its expected price?
- The initial pricing to expected to range between ₹35-45lakhs (Ex-showroom) as it will come via the CKD route.