Our Transport and Union Road Minister, Nitin Gadkari announced the extension of the Mumbai-Delhi Greenfield Expressway last week. According to the new plan, the expressway will be extended till the Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) which earlier was till Thane city, Maharastra.
Greenfield Expressway Key Features
For you to know, the Greenfield Expressway has many unique features making it a leading ship in terms of the expressways in India.
- Starting with the distance, this expressway has a total span of 1,275kms.
- It is initially an 8-lane highway with a provision to expand to a total of 12 lanes.
- Also, to cover the distance fast, 120kmph is the max speed allowed to attain on this expressway.
- Additionally, the construction includes planned 75 sideway amenities that will be built on every 50kms stretch.
- Talking about the structure, this highway will be a combination of 5 big and 10 small bridges and flyovers.
Everything About the Construction
To start with, it is estimated that the Greenfield Express will see the cars gushing by march 2024. Also, the construction of this ₹5,801 crore project started last year and is in full swing. Although earlier the annual plan for the project was ₹2,727 crores it increased drastically that will help in the development of these express roads. The approvals of such highway will help bring the travel time as well as the distance to and from these major cities down. Also, many such highways are under construction to connect many metro cities.
Watch our latest video on the GoMechanic YouTube Channel. Don’t forget to Subscribe
Should See: 7 Key Things To Know About The New Tata Safari
What do you think, will these highways and expressway help boost tourism and urge people to travel? Let us know in the comment section below.