India’s very own auto giant Mahindra seems to have changed their strategy and are now focusing on maintaining their quality standard and yet again we have spotted another test mule being tested on Indian roads and this time it is the all-new next-gen Mahindra Thar.
And this time we get a clear glimpse of the exterior and also of the interior, Although the test mule was highly camouflaged still we could make out a few of their major jerky tweaks on the inside as well as the outside. As of now, we can assure that we could see the 2020 Mahindra Thar by March 2020 with an expected price tag between Rs. 10-15 lakhs.
Read More: 2020 Mahindra Thar Will Be Petrol And Automatic
More to read: Mahindra XUV400 To Be Based On Future Ford Mid-Sized SUV
- On the mechanical front, the next-gen Mahindra Thar will come powered by a 2.5-litre CRDe diesel engine capable of making 105 bhp and a peak torque of 274 Nm at 3800-2000 rpm respectively.
- The engine on the next-gen Mahindra Thar comes matted to a 6-speed manual gearbox.
- However, we can expect an automatic transmission to join the line-up sometime later in 2020. According to leading sources Mahindra could also be working in bringing a petrol variant at the same point.
- Design-wise, On the outside the next-gen Mahindra Thar holds a silhouette that of an SUV which clearly makes it look bigger and bulkier. While the prototype appears to the top-end variant which seems to have all the major tweaks which might not be featured in all variants.
- The new Thar looks to have got an all-new beefier bumper accompanied by new tailgate-mounted spare wheel and new door handles. On the contrary, one of its signature elements such as its 7-slat grille, round headlamps and large fenders with squared wheel arches are amongst such tweaked features.
Don’t Miss: The New Mahindra Scorpio Is On Fire….Literally!
- On the inside, this is for the first time that the company will include an infotainment system. The so-called SUV will also come equipped with a more modern-looking steering wheel with mounted controls.
- However, the SUV will continue to have feature its iconic bench seat layout on its rear end. Other additional features on the outside include brand-new instrument cluster with a MID (Multi-Information Display) unit, a revamped gear lever, all-new seats with improved fabric upholstery, front, ABS driver airbag, rear parking sensors, speed alert system and more as standard.