What’s up with Skoda? The Czech seems to be obsessed with introducing worthless upgrades to its existing line-up. Yes! Skoda has recently revealed a special matte edition of the Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI.
This new upgrade on the Skoda Rapid features upgrades on the inside as well as on the outside.
What are the new upgrades?
- The Matte edition will be offered with the Grey matte colour option with gloss black alloy wheels.
- The black treatment also paves its way to the front grille, ORVMs and a sporty black defuser.
- On the inside, it follows a Telluar grey colour scheme with Red inserts.
- Moreover, the seats on the Matte edition now comes wrapped with premium black Alcantara leather.
- Apart from these minor upgrades, everything on the 2020 Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI remains the same.
Any changes on the mechanical front?
- The Matte edition of the Rapid features the same 1.0-litre 3-cylinder TSI turbo petrol mill.
- This engine generates 109 hp with a peak torque 175Nm.
- It comes mated to a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox.
What about prices and rivals?
- The Mt variant of the matte edition comes in at Rs. 11.99 lacs while the AT variant has been priced at Rs. 13.35 lacs.
- With its launch, it will rival the likes of the previous competitors i.e Honda City, Hyundai Verna and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.