It’s that time of the year where carmakers have been forced to delay the slated launch due to the restrictions and state-wise lockdowns imposed by respective state governments. But that doesn’t mean that carmakers have nothing to do.
Instead of promoting new car launches, almost every brand now is getting ready to upgrade their current models.
Remember! 3 days back when we reported that Hyundai has mildly updated the current-gen Creta and now reports have poured in that Hyundai has also decided to update the Verna as well.
What are the new updates?
- Hyundai will now be offering wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay with the 2021 Hyundai Verna.
- This newly updated feature will only be available with the S+ and SX variants.
- Strangely, the top-spec SX(O) will miss out on this feature.
- Apart from this minor update, everything remains the same on the Honda City rival.
- The 2021 iteration will continue to boast other premium features like ambient lighting, digital instrument console, sunroof, ventilated seats, wireless charging etc.
Any changes on the mechanical front?
Powering the 2021 Hyundai Verna are 3 engine options;
- A 1.5-litre CRDi Diesel that produces 115bhp and 250nm of torque paired to a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter.
- 1.5-litre Gamma Petrol good for 115bhp and 144 nm of torque mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed CVT.
- And the party piece, a 1.0-litre T-GDi Turbocharged Petrol Engine that churns about 120bhp and 172Nm of Torque. Only the 1.0-litre Turbo variant gets a 7-speed DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) gearbox.