Finally, the German carmaker Volkswagen has unveiled the 6/7 seater version of the SUV, Tiguan Allspace. The new SUV gets updated aesthetics with new and top of the line features. Volkswagen did launch their new compact SUV a while back for the international market, now with the Tiguan Allspace, they have expanded their portfolio.
Sneek Peek under the bonnet
The new 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace boasts 3 engine, all of which are turbo petrol.
- The first more conventional is the same 1.5-litre TSI motor that generated about 150ps and is mated to a 7-speed automatic gearbox. Well, this engine comes only with a front-wheel-drive configuration.
- The other two are 2.0-litre TSI turbo petrol engines. The more powerful one produced about 190hp. But there also is a 2.0-litre engine that generated a whopping 245hp of max power. Additionally, both these engines get an all-wheel-drive drivetrain.
Volkswagen did introduce two other variants of the Tiguan, the R and the one with a plug-in hybrid system. But as of now, there is no news of them launching.
What is new on the Outside?
Like the new Tiguan, the new Allspace gets a re-designed front facia. This includes new headlights, grille and different bumper.
- Not to forget, in the front the new Tiguan Allspace also gets the new all-LED headlights. These best part about these lights is that it consists of 24 light-emitting diodes.
- Moving to the side, there could be new stunning alloy wheels and a slightly larger overhang to accommodate the 3rd row of seats
- Viewing the Allspace from the rear, it is clear that it gets similar tail lights as the new Tiguan.
- With that, the rear profile more or less remails same to that of the Tiguan SUV with the badge sitting in the centre in bold.
Let’s step inside the new Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace
To begin with, Allspace boasts of a virtual cockpit like all digital screen as the instrument cluster for the driver.
- This screen is capable of showing a whole lot of information including the ones that are necessary for the driver like TPMS, range, mileage and more.
- In addition to that, the vehicle also gets a premium sound system by Harman Kardon with a huge infotainment screen. The infotainment system is also compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
- Expecting the Allspace to get features like wireless connectivity, wireless charger will not be wrong.
- The Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace also gets connected car tech with IQ Drive that assists in driving.
Will the Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace arrive in India?
As of now, there is no news or speculation of the new 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace to come to India. Although, the German company did showcase the new Tiguan for India and will be launching the car soon. But still, Volkswagen launched the previous model of the Tiguan Allspace in India last year in Q1 of 2020.
That said, it was a CBU unit. Like the previous model, if the new Allspace makes it to India it is likely to follow in the previous footsteps. Also, we expect the price to be somewhere around ₹35-₹40lakh mark (ex-showroom). All the big size SUV like the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour, MG Gloster and more will sit with the Volkswagen.
Interesting Read: Super Reliable Cars That Can Last Upto 2 Lakh Kilometres!
Let us know about the new Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace. Is it worth the money? Also, will you buy one if it comes to India?
More from the company All-New Volkswagen Polo GTI Rendered Images Released