After launching a couple of cars worldwide and teasing a couple of cars more, the German carmaker Volkswagen has now released the rendered sketches of the new Polo GTI. By the gist of it, the new Volkswagen Polo GTI will get subtle updates on the inside and the outside.
The new Volkswagen Polo GTI will be launched somewhere in June 2021 for the entire globe, say reports. The new Polo GTI will be based on the new 2021 Volkswagen Polo. Also, it will be coming with some minor changes on the outside and a big change under the bonnet. That said, the 2021 Polo was launched a while back for the globe but not for India. A good thing to note is that the new Polo may arrive at the end of 2021 in India.
What will the new Volkswagen Polo GTI be like?
Like the earlier Volkswagen Polo GTI, this time to the new GTI will be the most powerful and fun to drive variant in the Polo range.
- The older version of the Polo GTI was available with a 2.0-litre TSI engine. This motor was capable of generating pea power of about 200hp and boasted of 320Nm of peak torque.
- Well, we can expect that the 2021 Volkswagen Polo GTI will be powered by a similar spec engine.
- This motor set the power down to only the front wheels via a 6-speed DSG automatic transmission.
2021 Volkswagen Polo GTI interior
Similar to the 2021 Polo we expect the new car to have a ton of features on the inside with special GTI touches.
- Additionally, expecting that the Polo GTI will get sporty seats with slightly different steering will not be wrong.
- Speaking of features, the 2021 Polo gets an all-digital instrument cluster, with a large infotainment system.
- This infotainment system also supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. All of these will be carried over to the Polo GTI as well.
Will the 2021 Polo GTI come to India?
As we all know that the Polo GTI was here in India as a CBU unite a couple of years back. And the cost of the vehicle was around ₹20 Lakhs (on-road). With that, it came with a supremely powerful and refined engine. Well, as of now there is no speculation of the new Polo GTI or GTI to come to India. But still, if it comes, it will be similarly priced like the previous model. Also, apart from the Mini CooperS, it will not have any straight rivals.