Finally! Maruti too has joined the league of carmakers and has postponed the launch of the 2021 iteration of the Maruti Suzuki Celerio. The reason cited for the delay is the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Amidst the pandemic, Maruti has also cut its production by half and has started producing oxygen concentrators. According to leading media reports, the next-gen Celerio will now break its cover by the end of 2021.
The new Maruti Suzuki Celerio has been spotted testing several times in the past month. Looking at the spy images of the new age Celerio will boast a plethora of features making it one of the most feature-loaded yet pocket-friendly hatchback.
What powers the 2021 Celerio?
- The new age Celerio will be based on Maruti’s HEARTECT platform
- This platform also underpins the likes of the current-gen Wagon-R, Swift, Espresso and the swift dzire.
- The 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio will be offered with 1.2-litre 4-cylinder petrol and a 1.0-litre 3-cylinder petrol unit.
- Both motors generate 80hp with a peak torque of 110Nm 1.0L and 65hp with 91Nm of torque.
- On the transmission end, the revamped hatchback will receive a standard 5-speed manual and an AMT gearbox.
Anything new on the feature end?
- Going by the test mule, the 2021 Celerio will ditch its previous tall-boy look and will now support a longer wheelbase.
- Other visual changes on the hatchback include a new set of headlamps, a new front bumper and grille, ORVMs with integrated turn signals and chrome treatment on the front grille.
- Moving on the inside we will get to see auto climate control, steering mounted controls, power windows, touchscreen infotainment system, a new instrument cluster.
- However, don’t get too carried away as these features will only be offered with the higher trims.
- The safety list on the 2021 Celerio will include dual airbags, ABS with EBD and brake assist, reverse camera.