After unveiling the Taigun, Volkswagen has now launched another compact SUV T-ROC in India. Like before, the T-ROC will be brought to India via the CBU route and will be imported in a limited number. The 2021 Volkswagen T-ROC will cost you ₹1.35 Lakhs more than before. Meaning, the base price of the car has gone up and now it costs ₹21.35 Lakhs (ex-showroom). But the deliveries of the new T-Roc will begin next month.
Like Before, the T-Roc has changed very little. It still is based on the MQB platform and sports identical aesthetics to the 2020 T-Roc.
What Volkswagen T-Roc offers?
- To begin with, the T-Roc has a fairly spacious cabin thanks to very good space management and a long wheelbase.
- Little has changed on the inside too. Like before, T-Roc offers the same interiors. This includes a 10-Inch infotainment system and an interactive all-digital instrument cluster.
- Also, one cannot miss the features that Indian’s just love, a panoramic sunroof.
- A 1.5-litre TSI (turbo petrol) engine powers the T-Roc. The motor is capable of producing a healthy 150ps of max power with a peak torque output of 250Nm.
- One of the USPs of the T-Roc is its transmission. Transferring the power from the engine to the front wheels is an enthusiastic 7-speed DSG automatic gearbox.
- Sadly this does not have an option of a manual transmission.
Volkswagen T-Roc and its competition
Sitting on the higher side of the spectrum, Volkswagen T-Roc shares its ground with the likes of Hyundai Creta, Jeep Compass, MG Hector, Kia Seltos and more. Talking about the price, this premium compact SUV is priced at ₹21.35 Lakhs (ex-showroom) which is about ₹1.35 lakhs over the last year’s model.
Is Volkswagen T-Roc worth your money? Let us know in the comment section below.