Well, its not news that Tata Motors is planning to launch the 7-seater variant of the Tata Harrier, The Tata Gravitas (Tata Buzzard). The Gravitas was earlier scheduled to launch earlier this year but due to Covid-19 pandemic, the launch was postponed.
But now with the on-going festive season, many were expecting Tata to finally break the cover of the car, but all calls went unheard. However, during a recent press conference Tata Motors Passenger Vehicles Business Unit President, Shailesh Chandra added a few points.
- Going forward two additional models are going to come- Gravitas and Hornbill (codenames).
- Gravitas will be a seven-seater SUV while HBX(Hornbill) is a subcompact SUV.
- In the nearing future, we will have four SUVs in our portfolio which would be the widest portfolio.
- This will help strengthen the brand’s overall portfolio.
- Tata plans to launch the Gravitas 7-seater by the last quarter of 2020.
- However, the launch date for the HBX (Hornbill) is yet to be revealed.
What powers the all-new Tata Gravitas?
|Dimensions||4,661mm x 1,894mm x 1,786mm|
- The Gravitas was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo.
- It will be based on the brand’s OMEGA platform which is likely to be a bit more longer and taller than the Harrier.
What else does the Tata Gravitas will offer?
- It terms of design the Gravitas will certainly resemble the likes of the Tata Harrier.
- Talking about interiors, it will get a newly designed dashboard with Key highlights being an electronic parking brake with hold function, brown leather upholstery for the seats and the door pads.