After a customer reporting the mileage claims of Tata Nexon EV to be false, the Delhi transport department has issued a showcase notice to the company. This has been done after repeated customer complaints.
For reference, the claimed mileage or rather the range of the Nexon EV is 312kms. On the contrary, the customer got a range less than 200kms on a single charge.
Why The Accusation?
The customer did follow various advice and methods suggested by the dealer to extract all the juice from the battery but, faced no luck.
- In the end, the result was as is, said the customer.
- The ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India), is the governing body that runs tests on all production vehicles in India.
- So, the range was tested to be 312kms on a full single charge. But Rajesh Kumar, who filed the complaint witnessed a range of 200kms at max.
First-Hand Customer Experience
The customer was facing problems from day one of buying the vehicle. He bought the car on 3rd December 2020 and before even reaching his destination the EV stalled.
- After checking, the dealership updated the software making the vehicle hit the road again.
- About a month later Rajesh again faced some problem and the vehicle got stranded in the middle of the road causing a major accident.
- The buyer bought the ZX Plus variant that cost him more than 15 lakhs. So, let us know in the comment section, is the accusation justified?
Tata Nexon EV
The made in India EV is breaking new records in the market. For you to know, Tata Nexon EV is the largest selling electric car in India.
- Tata till now has delivered about 3000 EVs and are still counting.
- Powering this potent EV is a 127 bhp motor that produces 245Nm of torque.
- Mind it, being an EV, it does not have a transmission. Meaning? Instant torque all the times.
Interesting Read: 10 Basic Car DIYs Every Car Owner Must Know!