Well, it’s not news that Tata Motors has been working upon launching a whole new line-up. Recently, Shailesh Chandra, PV Business Unit President, Tata Motors, spilt the beans by revealing the launch details for the Tata Gravitas and the Tata Hornbill.
And now, a new set of documents have surfaced the internet revealing that Tata Motors has registered 3 new car names- Taureo, Spyk and Epiq.
- Going by leading media reports, one of the newly registered names could be of the upcoming MPV from Tata Motors.
- The MPV is also speculated to be based on the Alfa platform.
- It is also likely for the new MPV to share its mechanical specifications with the Tata Nexon sub-compact SUV.
- With the ever-growing demand for electric cars, Tata also plans to expand its arms in the EV segment.
- With that said, the new names could also be of the upcoming electric vehicles from Tata.
- Tata also plans to launch a mid-size sedan to counter the likes of the Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Toyota Yaris, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and the Skoda Rapid.
- The new sedan is said to retain the same architecture as the 2020 Tata Nexon, Tiago and Tigor.