This comes just a day after a new Toyota grille was spied. The Japanese carmaker has now applied for a trademark of the name “Belta” which could be the new rumoured rebadged Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.
This has been made possible due to an agreement that allows both the carmaker to share certain models. With that said, Toyota has already rebadged the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and the Brezza in the form of the Toyota Glanza and the Urban Cruiser.
This news comes after a document which has surfaced the interned revealing some details about the new car from Toyota.
Will it receive a new engine?
- Going by reports, the Toyota Badged Ciaz will retain the same 1.5L K15B petrol engine boosted with Suzuki’s SHVS mild-hybrid technology.
- This engine makes 104bhp and 138Nm of torque while mated to a 5-speed manual and a 4-speed automatic.
- Talking about cosmetic updates, we can expect everything remains the same.
What about prices and rivals?
- The re-badged version of the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is also expected to replace the existing mid-sized sedan from Toyota, the Yaris.
- Talking about pricing the new Toyota badged Ciaz is also expected to be priced slightly premium.
- With its launch, the new mid-size sedan will lock its horns against the Honda City and the Hyundai Verna.