After long waiting and testing, Toyota Kirloskar Motor has finally launched the most-awaited and much-needed update of the Innova Crysta. For you to know, the update gets mild changes on the outside and the MPV is subtly updated on the inside but under the hood, the story still remains the same.
2020 Toyota Innova Crysta facelift now gets three variants, starting from the base GX coming to the mid VX and ZX variant sits at the very top. Also, the Innova Crysta gets a lot expensive, more on than later. First, let’s have a look at what all are the changes.
2020 Toyota Innova Crysta Facelift | Updates
The new Innova Crysta gets subtle changes in and out and are similar to the one on the Indonesian spec model that was revealed last month.
- Starting from the front, the grille gets more pronounced, bigger and gets a thick chrome surround strip. Besides, now it has more slats.
- Now the turn indicators get a large black surround, making them more visible. The new MPV also gets LED fog lamps (for upper variants)
- Moving to the side, the only change is the new 16-inch diamond cut allow wheels.
- It is the rear from where it is hard to make out of the new Innova Crysta Facelift as it more or less remains the same.
- Stepping on the inside, the Crysta gets a new infotainment system, finally with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay as standard. Also, the infotainment system gets dedicated volume controls.
- The New Toyota Innova Crysta also gets front parking sensors in the top trim.
What’s Under the Hood of the Toyota Innova Crysta?
As said earlier the MPV gets the same set of engines from the previous BS6 update. These include a diesel and a petrol engine. The petrol engine is a 2.7-litre naturally aspirated that pushes 166ps of max power and 245Nm of peak torque. On the other hand, the diesel is a 2.4-litre 4-cylinder turbo motor churning 150ps of max power. However, the torque figures differ with the transmission opted. That said, the Innova Crysta gets 2 transmission options, a 5-speed manual and a 6-speed torque converter.
|Power||150 ps @ 3400rpm||166 ps @ 5200 rpm|
|Transmission||5-speed MT / 6-speed AT|
|Torque||343 Nm / 360Nm @ 1400-2600 rpm||245 Nm @ 4000 rpm|
Prices and Rival
The new Toyota Innova Crysta gets expensive than before. To be precise the buyer has to shed 60,000/- more for the base GX variant and about 70,000/- for top end ZX trim. Talking about the price, the new Innova starts at 16.26 Lakhs for the base petrol MT variant and goes all the way up to 24.33 Lakhs for the diesel auto.
The MPV will rival the likes of MG Hector Plus and the upcoming Tata Gravitas. Also, Mahindra Marazzo could be a price rival for the Innova as it undercuts the Innova with almost similar features.
Informative: 10 Things To Keep In Mind Before Buying A New Car!
Tell us in the comment section below what do you think of the new Toyota Innova, is still the same old people’s mover?