With the rising popularity of the turbo petrol engines, Volkswagen has launched new ‘Turbo Edition’ of Polo and Vento. For you to know, this time around the changes are not merely cosmetic, but there are upgrades under the hood as well. The turbo edition Volkswagen Polo costs ₹6.99 Lakhs, on the contrary for Vento you have to spend ₹8.69 Lakhs, both ex-showroom.
The talking point of turbo edition: The Engine
Popping the hood open, you’ll witness a gem of a motor. The new edition of VWs gets the same 1.0-litre (TSI) turbo petrol engine.
- Well, this is the engine that can be seen on the top-end trims of Vento and Polo.
- This potent motor is capable of producing 110ps of max power verses the torque that sits at 175Nm.
- Where the top-end trims get a torque converter automatic, the turbo edition has the only option of a 6-speed stick shift.
Here are the Cosmetic Changes
This new edition with the turbo petrol engine is based on Comfortline variant. So, most of the features are carried over from the same. In addition, it gets some changes in and out that include;
- Glossy black spoiler
- Supportive seats with sporty accents
- Black ORVM caps
- Fender Badging
Additionally, in typical Volkswagen fashion, Polo and Vento are available with many vibrant colours and they all look indeed stunning.
Are there any rivals?
Well, before the launch of the turbo edition, the TSI motor was only available in Highline in Polo and trendline in Vento. This made both the vehicles a bit expensive considering their offerings.
- That said, with the launch of this new edition, both the vehicles from VW have witnessed a considerable price drop.
- Now both the vehicle offer really tempting power to price ratio, as they are among the most powerful vehicles at their respective prices.
- Talking about the rivals, Polo competes with all premium hatchbacks like Hyundai i20, Honda Jazz and Tata Altroz.
- Volkswagen Vento? It rivals the Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Toyota Yaris and more.
In the end, it all comes down to the price. The Turbo Edition Volkswagen Polo is priced ₹6.99 Lakhs (ex-showroom) and Vento comes at ₹8.69 Lakhs (ex-showroom). Indeed VFM!
Interesting: Volkswagen Connect Finally Introduced in India