Honda is all set and prepared to unveil the 2020 Honda City. The City, which is now in its fifth generation will be launched in Thailand on 25th November 2019. The new City has been spied under wraps multiple times on Indian roads. The Honda City is expected to be launched in India in the second quarter of 2020.
2020 Honda City Unveil On 25th November
- According to recent media reports, Honda will be skipping this year’s Auto Expo to be held in Greater Noida. However, Honda has planned the launch of the new City sedan sometime in the second quarter of 2020.
- The new Honda City takes a lot of design cues from the new-gen Honda Accord and the Honda Civic. The new City will be longer in dimensions than the outgoing model featuring new body lines and curves.
- The most significant change on the 2020 City will be inside the cabin. A new touch-screen infotainment setup coupled with a semi-digital instrument cluster and Honda’s connected car technology on top of that. The new City will also get all new LED headlamps with LED DRLs and a refreshed tail lamp setup.
Read Also: The New 5th Gen Honda City | Now BS6 Ready!
- For the engine, Honda will supposedly use the updated 1.5-litre BS6 compliant petrol engine with a petrol-hybrid option on offer. The engine will be coupled to a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed CVT (continuously variable transmission).
- With the BS6 upgrade, the new Honda City will likely command a more premium price than the outgoing model with a starting price of 12 lakhs (ex-showroom).
- When launched, the next-gen Honda City will compete with the likes of Maruti Ciaz, Toyota Yaris, Skoda Rapid and the Hyundai Verna.