French carmaker Renault has revealed the new version of the Captur compact SUV. However, the refreshed version has made its debut in Russia and features a number of mechanical as well as cosmetic upgrades. So let’s have a look and if and when launched in India how will the new and refreshed SUV will look like.
2020 Renault Captur | Engine Specification
- The next-generation so-called SUV will underpin the brands M0+ platform
- The Russian-spec model features a 1.6-litre petrol engine and an all-new 1.3-litre turbo-petrol unit capable of generating 114hp and 156hp respectively.
- Both the engine comes mated a to a standard 6-speed manual and an optional CVT will all-wheel-drive system
Changes on the Inside | 2020 Renault Captur
- Remote engine start function
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated rear seats
- Bose audio system
- Adjustable ambient lighting
- Adjustable steering wheel
- Rear-view camera
- Blind-spot monitoring
- An 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Gloss-black central panel
Changes on the Outside | 2020 Renault Captur
- The only notable changes on the outside include a new chrome-plated front grille and 17-inch alloy wheels other than that everything remains the same.
When will the new 2020 Renault Captur launch in India?
- For instance, Renault has two versions of the Captur crossover one is based for more emulsified markets such as Europe and us based on the Clio platform and the other is based on the M0 platform targeted towards emerging markets such as like Brazil, India and Russia.
- However, we can surely expect the french carmaker to launch the facelift version of the Captur SUV with some minor tweaks which can also more or less be the same version which has been recently revealed in Russia.
- Although the Indian variant will continue to underpin the M0 platform shared by multiple Renault-Nissan models such as the Kicks and Duster.
- Rumour also has it that due to the BS6 effect Renault had to forego the 1.5-litre K9K diesel motor. However, the current-gen 1.5-litre petrol engine will be updated to comply with the new BS6 emission norms.
- Renault is also planning upon introducing an all-new 1.3-litre turbo-petrol along with a CVT combination.
- If and when launched the 2020 Renault Captur will rival the likes of the Nissan Kicks, Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos.