Jeep has finally unrolled the cover from the 2021 Jeep Compass here in India. In the ending days of 2020, FCA Globally launched the Compass in Thailand. This makes the Indian automotive market to witness the new Jeep Compass second in the line.
As diagnosed from the previous global launch, the new 2021 Jeep Compass, gets subtle changes on the outside. It is the interior that receives a total overhaul.
Here are all the updates you want to know about!
Starting from the exterior the new Jeep Compass now looks even meaner than before.
- The SUV receives a redesigned front grille with signature JEEP vertical slats. Also, the actual air intake sits under the slotted so-called grille.
- In the centre of the grille, the front camera protrudes from the centre ensuring that the new Compass now has a 360-degree camera.
- This traditional grille is sandwiched between two new all-LED headlights with reflective and projector setup.
- Moving to the sides, this is where it is hard to tell what’s changed. A keen observer can make out that the new Jeep boasts new restyled alloy wheels.
- At the rear, the basic structure remains the same except the taillights. Even though the taillights look a little similar they also get LED treatment.
Climbing on the inside is where everything about the facelift recedes. The 2021 Jeep compass gets totally different dash and console.
When sitting behind the wheel, the two beautiful 10″ inch displays grab your attention. The one in the centre console is a 10.1″ HD display. The second is the instrument cluster that displays a whole lot of information.
The New steering wheel gives the right amount of elegance along with the tough appeal. Also, the wheel carries the name in bold but this time it is enclosed in a horizontal form.
There runs silver lining across the dashboard that lifts the overall ambience of the cabin.
The changes in the interior also integrate many new features which include,
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Wireless Phone Charger
- Ventilated and powered front seats
- High-resolution infotainment display
- Terrain modes
- 360-degree camera
- LED instrument cluster with customization
The features that are carried forward from the pre-facelift include, dual-zone climate control, electronic parking brake, panoramic sunroof and more.
Another thing that is worth mentioning is that the India bound Jeep Compass secured 5-Star rating in the ANCAP crash test.
What does the front of the Jeep Compass house?
This is where the 2021 Compass has common with the previous model. Like before the SUV comes powered by 2 engine options a diesel and a petrol engine.
- It is a 2.0-litre Multi-jet turbo diesel engine known for producing a healthy 173ps of max power and 350Nm of max torque. This engine comes mated to either a 6-speed MT or a 6-speed AT which is a torque converter. It is the diesel that also gets an option of a 4X4 powertrain.
- Comping to the more refined powertrain, a 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine powers the vehicle that generates a meaty 166ps of max power and the torque output sits at 250Nm. You can choose from two transmission options, a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DCT. Sadly there are no options for a petrol 4X4.
2021 Jeep Compass Prices and Rivals
As of now, Jeep has not disclosed the prices of the vehicle but we can expect that the prices to get a slight bump from the existing model. For reference, the current Jeep compass starts at ₹ 16.51 Lakhs and goes all the way up to ₹ 27.60 Lakhs, both being ex-showroom. Jeep Compass is in the league of its own and does not have a direct rival. Just saying, the Jeep Compass’s challengers include, Kia Seltos, MG Hector and more.
Interesting: 7 Upcoming Car Launches Scheduled In January