Skoda India flaunted their new compact SUV, Vision IN in the 2020 Auto Expo. After almost a year the company today confirmed that the car will be called Kushaq. Also, the carmaker has thoughtfully named the vehicle and portrays a deep story.
The name Kushaq is derived from a Sanskrit word ‘kushak’ which simplifies to a king or an emperor. Indeed, Skoda is looking forward to surviving amidst the segment leaders Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta, Tata Harrier and MG Hector. Also, the name starting with a K and ending with Q depicts that it too gets the true Skoda SUV DNA (Skoda Karoq, Skoda Kodiaq).
This is What We Know So Far
Skoda Kushaq will underpin the MQB A0 IN platform that is specially designed for the Indian market. Also, the Kushaq has been seen numerous times testing on the road.
- The compact SUV will sport the Skoda specific butterfly style grille between possibly all-LED headlights.
- With that, we can also expect the vehicle to come with all LED treatment in and out.
- Stepping on the inside, Skoda Kushaq may possess two screens a 10″ for the infotainment system and a smaller one for the instrument cluster.
- Launching a car in the 21st era, it is bound to have Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
What can we expect under the hood?
As of now, here in India Skoda sells its most of the vehicles with a 1.0litre TSI motor and 1.5-litre TSI. For you to know both are petrol engine, as the carmaker has ditched the diesel mills.
- The low variants of the Kushaq are expected to be powered by the 1.0-litre TSI engine that produces 110ps of max power and 175Nm of peak torque. This also does duties in the new Skoda Rapid. This engine will possibly come mated to a 6-speed MT or a torque converter AT.
- The variant more in line with Kia Seltos and Hyundai Creta will be the more powerful 1.5-litre TSI turbo petrol engine that is also witnessed in the Skoda Karoq. This motor generated 150ps of power and 250Nm of peak torque with a DSG gearbox.
Here Are the Tentative Prices and Launch Date
As said a ton of times, that the Skoda Kushaq will rival the goliaths Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos so, the pricing has to be aggressive. We can expect the Kushaq to be priced somewhere between ₹14-₹18 Lakhs mark. In addition, Skoda might bring their Kushaq in the Indian automotive arena somewhere in the mid of 2021.
Let us know what you think about this Skoda in the comment section. Will it be enough to take out its rivals?
Little more info: Skoda Vision IN and other Made In India models to be sold Globally