The latest rendered pics of the all-new 2021 Kia Optima has surfaced on the internet. The car was caught testing a few months back in August 2019. The Optima is Kia’s version of a premium sedan. This awarded car has won International Car of the Year award (ICOTY) twice and is the safest car in its segment.
2021 Kia Optima | Highlights
- The current-generation Kia Optima shares its platform with the Hyundai Sonata. The Optima sedan is offered in two engine options; 1.6-litre and 2.0-litre turbo petrol.
- The 1.6-litre petrol engine produces 178 bhp with 264 nm of torque while the 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol motor produces 245 bhp and 353 nm torque.
- A third 2.4-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine is also offered, which churns out 185 bhp with 241 nm peak torque.
- The front fascia on the 2021 Kia Optima features the signature tiger-nose grille with seamless LED headlamps caving into the front. The headlamp feature an “S” shaped DRL which adds to the appeal.
- On the rear, the taillamp merges from both the sides covering the bonnet width-wise. Heavy usage of chrome garnishing can be seen on the bonnet and the running through the C-pillar.
- The Kia Optima features a large touch-screen infotainment system with all the glitz and gizmos. Kia is going with a minimalistic, less cluttered look with the Optima thus the rotary dial instead of a proper gear level.
Exclusive: Kia To Launch The Kia Carnival & Kia QYI