Skoda first showcased the compact SUV last year at the Indian Auto Expo as ‘Vision IN’. Next, Skoda gave the SUV a new identity, ‘Kushaq’. Now, Skoda has recently given us a sneak peek of what this compact SUV might hold.
The Skoda Kushaq will make its debut in March 2021 followed by its launch. If you are not aware of the fact that, Kushaq is a compact SUV that is made in India for India. As of now, this is what Skoda has uncovered.
Skoda Kushaq Powertrain and Drivetrain
The 2021 Skoda Kushaq has a set of 2 engines under the hood. A 1.0-litre TSI motor that also does duties in Rapid. The other one is a 1.5-litre TSI engine that is offered in the Skoda Karoq. Besides, these are the two engines will make their way into the Kushaq.
- The 1.5-litre TSI engine is capable of generating 150ps of max power and the peak torque sits at 250Nm. Currently, this engine transfers the power to the wheels via a 7-speed DSG but with Kushaq a 6-speed MT may also be offered.
- The engine displacing less capacity is enough to generate 110ps of max power. Also, it does not compromise on peak torque figures that stands at 175Nm. Like the Rapid, Kushaq with this engine will be offered with a 6-Speed MT and a 6-Speed AT (torque converter).
Will Skoda Kushaq be Head-Turning?
Complementing the Kushaq is its MQB-A0 platform which is made in India for India. Additionally, this platform ensures heavy localization. Also, this platform is shared with the Volkswagen Taigun resulting is a considerable drop in costs.
- Skoda has not officially unveiled the aesthetics of the vehicle. But checking out the SUV in camo we can say that it will retain the robust design in the production-spec model as well.
- Also, this was the exact case with the concept ‘Vision IN’ that was showcased at the Auto Expo 2020.
Here are the Features Skoda Kushaq May Offer
Skoda exclaims that the Kushaq will be safe and possess most of the safety features seen in today’s vehicles.
- 6 air-bags
- ABS + EBD
- Hill Hold Control
- ISOFIX child seat anchors
- TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System)
These are the few features that the Kushaq may boast in its production model.
Skoda Kushaq will Rival…
The new compact SUV from Skoda is almost set to be launched in the Indian market. To be precise the Kushaq will debut in March 2021. So, the compact SUV will be competing against many existing vehicles like the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Nissan Kicks, Maruti Suzuki S-Cross.
The Kushaq may also stretch its legs up to the big giants like the Mahindra XUV500, Tata Harrier and Jeep Compass. Also, we can expect the prices to be really really competitive. Guessing the price would be tough but it may fall in the ₹12 Lakhs- ₹18 Lakhs (of course ex-showroom) price bracket.
Interesting: Here Are 10 Cars With Idle Start/Stop Feature
A little story! Skoda Vision IN To Be launched As Kushaq, Teased Online