It’s now official! the most awaited bike is almost here! The all-new 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa has been listed on their official website. This also suggests that the brand is planning to launch the 2021 iteration of the iconic motorcycle earlier than anticipated.
Going by leading media reports the new Busa will is expected to get a new engine followed by major design tweaks and features. Additionally. India was also one of the last markets to have the second-gen Hayabusa before being discontinued due to the current BS6 emission norms.
Where it all began! Suzuki Hayabusa, Fastest Production Motorcycle Since 1999
Is it more powerful than the previous gen?
- It is rumoured to feature the same 1,340cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, in-line four engine, which is now BS6 compliant.
- The engine is capable of generating 187 bhp at 9,700 rpm with a peak torque of 150 Nm at 7,000 rpm.
- We might also get to see a comprehensive electronics package, as well as top-spec components, like Brembo Stylema callipers.
- The 2021 Busa will also see a marginal weight drop of 2kg and now weighs 264 kg.
What all feature will we get to see with the new 2021 iteration
- The latest version will also feature a new exhaust system that has a two-stage catalytic converter accompanied by a slip clutch.
- It will also have a six-axis inertial measurement unit (IMU) from Bosh to monitor dynamics
- The handlebar will now be 12 mm closer to the rider.
- Visually, the next-gen Hayabusa will also feature some noticeable tweaks.