The Legend is about to make a comeback! New images of the Next-gen Toyota Land Cruiser has surfaced the internet ahead of its official launch somewhere around mid-2022.
This has created a buzz about the super SUV’s comeback and most definitely its India launch. The spied images are of the 2022 Toyota Land Cruiser J300.
The overall overall design of the SUV seems to have been upgraded as it features a large rectangular chrome grille surrounded by a U-shaped intake, a revised bumper and slimmer headlamps and LED DRL’s on the front.
Its previous curvy design has now been replaced by more sharper creases which makes it look similar to the last gen Toyota Land Cruiser Prado.
Coming to its side profile, the Super SUV seems to have retaind its boxy design along with some subtle new age modifications.
Will there be any modification on the feature end as well?
- It is speculated to come equipped with a large 12.3-inch floating touchscreen infotainment system backed by latest smartphone connectivity.
- We might also get to see features such as ventilated seats, automatic climate control, wireless Andriod Auto and Apple CarPlay, differential lock, lane support, 4WD mode and adaptive cruise control.
- One of the major changes on the inside might include a Push Start/Stop button with fingerprint scanner.
What about power?
- We can expect the 2022 Toyota Land Cruiser to offer 3.5L twin-turbo V6 petrol hybrid motor which also does its job on the Lexus LX500 sedan.
- This unit is capable of producing 416bhp and 600Nm of peak torque.
- However, there could also be a 3.3L, 6-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine.
- Transmission options might include a 10-speed automatic torque converter.
- Looking at the current scenario and Toyota past experience with the Land cruiser series, its hard to predict whether the Japanese will re-introduce the super SUV in India anytie soon.