The cleaner and greener BS6 or Bharat Stage 6 grade petrol and diesel is now available in Delhi and the national capital region. It is all set to replace the outdated BS4 fuel throughout the country by April 2020.
Read BS6 (Bharat Stage 6) | All You Need To Know
- Apart from Delhi NCR, BS6 petrol and diesel are now also available in adjacent cities like Agra city, Panipat, Mathura, Karauli, and Dhaulpur.
- With Delhi NCR adopting BS6 grade fuel, other cities outside of NCR are also rolling out BS6 grade fuel including four districts of Rajasthan (Alwar, Bharatpur, Karauli and Dhaulpur), eight districts of Uttar Pradesh (Meerut, Muzzafarnagar, Ghaziabad, Gautam Budh Nagar, Baghpat, Hapur, Bulandshahar and Shamli) and Agra city.
- IOCL refineries in Panipat and Mathura have started providing BS 6 grade petrol and diesel before the original target which was 2020.
- This BS6 grade petrol and diesel are available at outlets of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (IOCL), Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL).
- BS 6 roll-out comes 6 months before the April 2020 emission mandated all over India.
- This new emission norm aims to drastically reduce corrosive NOx emissions into the atmosphere.
- The major difference between BS4 and BS6 is the Sulphur content. BS6 diesel contains upto 5 times fewer sulphur content than BS4 diesel. BS6 diesel is limited to 10 mg/kg of sulphur, compared to the 50 mg/kg content in BS4 diesel. This is so to cut down on N20 (Nitrous Oxide) emissions by more than 70%.
- Car manufacturers are also upgrading their current line-up of cars to adhere to the BS6 norms.
- Maruti Suzuki has upgraded 8 of its cars to BS 6 (Alto, Ertiga, XL6, Dzire, WagonR, Swift, Baleno, S.Presso)
- According to Maruti Suzuki, BS 6 ready cars have upgraded hardware and software along with the exhaust system. These upgrades help achieve better performance and strict adherence to updated emission norms.
[…] Just Now! BS6 Fuel Is Now Available In Delhi NCR […]
[…] Just Now: BS6 Fuel Now Available In Delhi NCR […]