Indian automobile giant; Maruti Suzuki has sold more than 2,00,000 BS6 equipped cars in the last 6 months. The BS6 or Bharat Stage 6 emission norm is set to make its debut on April 2020. BS6 will be replacing the outgoing BS4 norm in India.
Read More On BS6: BS6 (Bharat Stage 6) | Explained
- Maruti Suzuki has 8 BS6 compliant petrol cars in its existing fleet. These include the Alto 800, Swift, WagonR, Dzire, Baleno, Ertiga, XL6 and the newly launched S-Presso.
- Maruti Suzuki has reported that 70% of its new car sales constitutes of BS6 cars.
- Maruti has recently forayed into the mini-cross hatchback segment with the S-Presso which will take on the segment leader Renault KWID.
- Maruti’s Bharat Stage 6 engine line-up has four petrol engines; 800CC/3 cylinder, 1000CC/3 cylinder, 1200CC/4 cylinder and a 1500CC/4 cylinder K15 engine.
- The 800CC/3 cylinder and the 1000CC/3 cylinder engine powers the Alto 800 and the new S-Presso respectively.
- The 1200CC/4 cylinder engine Baleno, Swift, Dzire, and new WagonR.
- The 1500CC/4 cylinder K15 engine powers the Ertiga and the XL6.
- The .8 litre Alto 800 and the 1.2 litres Baleno are the two best selling cars from Maruti’s BS6 lineup.
- As per Maruti Suzuki, these newer and cleaner BS 6 engines will decrease NOx (Nitrogen Oxide) emission by upto 25%. There is no difference in the PM (Particulate Matter) levels.
- Maruti Suzuki is the first car manufacturer to offer a fleet of BS 6 compliant petrol vehicles much ahead of the April 2020 timeline.
- Maruti says that using BS4 in its BS6 cars won’t affect vehicle performance and fuel economy in any manner.
- Back in April 2019, Maruti Suzuki supremo announced that Maruti Suzuki will cease production of all its diesel engine cars by April 2020.
- Check out Maruti Suzuki BS 6 compliant cars here
Just Now: BS6 Fuel Now Available In Delhi NCR