India’s largest passenger carmaker; Maruti Suzuki has been going through a rough patch. The recent buzz in the Indian automotive industry has revealed that the Indian automaker is all set to launch the premium version of their famous 3rd generation WagonR by Diwali this year. And is to be christened to be Maruti Suzuki XL5.
You May Like: Maruti Suzuki Sells 2,00,000 BS6 Compliant Cars
- The Maruti Suzuki XL5 has been spotted numerous times and is with its looks it is also being referred to as a suited booted version of the WagonR. Out of the above, the car is expected to be available via the Maruti Suzuki’s NEXA showrooms.
- The Nexa branded Maruti Suzuki XL5 is set to retain the original tall boy design and the dimensions the same as that of the 3rd generation WagonR. Although it will receive some minor feature upgrades including Split LED Headlamps with LED DRLs.
- Moreover, the new Maruti Suzuki XL5 is all set to have more ground clearance, around 180 mm. Compared to WagonR, the XL5 will be made available in the market in Alpha and Zeta trims while featuring a BS6 compliant K12M petrol engine. The 1.2-litre four-cylinder inline petrol engine will be capable of generating a maximum power of 82 hp at 6,000 rpm and a peak torque of 113Nm at 4,200 RPM.
- The engine will be BS6 complaint and be available to a 5-speed mated manual gearbox as well as the 5 speed AMT. Since the car will be an upgraded version of the already available WagonR, The XL5 is expected to be priced in a range of ₹5.50-6.50 lakhs (ex-showroom).
- It has also been observed that despite the prolonged slowdown in the auto sector Maruti Suzuki is still coming up with new products in hopes to sustain and boost their sales.
[…] Latest Read: The Maruti Suzuki XL5 | A Suited Booted WagonR […]
[…] You May Also Like: The Maruti Suzuki XL5 | A Suited Booted WagonR […]
[…] Must Read: The Maruti Suzuki XL5 | A Suited Booted WagonR […]