The announcement of Ford and Mahindra’s joint venture (JV) for India came in the month of October. Both the companies are now planning to launch at least 3 new SUVs under Ford’s name which also includes a Ford MPV which will be based on Mahindra’s Marazzo.
Mahindra Marazzo-Based MPV By Ford | Highlights
- Ford had earlier considered launching a low-cost MPV in the Indian market but was in the fear that other SUV’s could overshadow it.
- The new MPV by Ford could feature the same BS6 compliant 1.5-litre diesel engine as the Marazzo. However, A 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol unit is also said to be under development as well. The MPV could get a manual and automated manual transmission (AMT).
- Reports claim that the MPV could be offered in 7 or 8-seat variant and will share the same underpinnings with the Marrazzo. It is very likely that Ford could tweak up the suspension a little differently.
- The alleged MPV will also be sharing the same powertrain as on the Marazzo and will also retain Mahindra’s unique ladder-frame chassis and the front-wheel drive.
- On the outside, it seems like Ford is planning to give its MPV an all-new body design can help ford in retaining Ford’s global MPV look.
- Just like the Marrozo, the inside of the all-new MPV will feature a new dashboard with a sync series infotainment system.
- Although the price for the same hasn’t been speculated yet, However, the competition will include Mahindra’s Marazzo, Maruti Suzuki Ertiga.
Spied! 2020 Ford Ecosport BS60