Honda Indian had great ambitions with the launch of the Honda HR-V. Honda was planning to pit the sub-compact SUV against segment giants like the Kia Seltos, MG Hector, Tata Harrier, Renault Captur and Hyundai Creta.
Latest: New Honda City BS6 Launch Soon
Honda HR-V India launch is a No-Go
- Honda has reported that they are terminating the launch of the Honda HR-V. The HR-V was supposed to be launch in the last quarter of 2019.
- As per reasons cited, the primary reason for shelving the HR-V is the price.
- As per reports, Honda was focussing on localising the manufacturing of HR-V to the tune of 30% with components sourced from localised suppliers.
- However, the other 70% which would have been sourced from direct imports would have inflated the price of the car to an unreasonable extent.
- The HR-V would have launched using the same diesel (1.6-litre i-DTEC turbo diesel) and petrol (1.8-litre i-VTEC petrol) engine as 2019 released Honda Civic.
Honda HR-V Electric (VE-1) | 400 kms in a single charge
- Honda and China-based; Guangqi have launched its first electric SUV; The Honda HR-V Electric.
- The HR-V electric or VE-1 was first showcased at the 2019 Guangzhou Motor Show.
- The HR-V will have a staggering range of 400 kms and will be offered in three variants.
- The Japanese manufacturer offers Honda HR-V VE-1, with three years or 1,00,000 km standard warranty and could also be extended to eight years or 1,50,000 km.
- The HR-V VE-1 is capable of producing 120kw(161hp)power with a mileage of 401km on a single charge.
- The Guangqi HR-V VE-1 uses a permanent magnet synchronous motor which delivers a peak torque output of 280 nm. The electric motor is paired with a fixed gear ratio single-speed transmission system.
- The HR-V electric SUV comes with the energy density of 140Wh/kg and an I-type battery pack to prevent front-end collision.
- The battery pack in HR-V VE-1 comes situated at the front of the 5 seater vehicle.
- The H type side collision beam, that minimizes the damage to the 53.5kWh lithium-ion battery pack.
- The HR-V VE-1 comes with an 8-inch LCD touchscreen infotainment system placed centrally, and Bluetooth connectivity. It also comes with a map function, panoramic sunroof, button type shifting mechanism and much more.
- Globally, the Honda HR-V competes with rivals like GAC ix4, Kia KX3 Electric and Mitsubishi.