Things are finally about to change and this time for good! The Delhi transport department is all set to launch a full-fledged drive from January 14th 2021. The 3 days drive is to check and penalise all vehicles found without the recently mandated HSRP and colour coded stickers.
According to a senior official, this 3-day drive will then be followed by a limited drive. The department will deploy 50 teams to all the designated areas to find and penalise all vehicle owners.
Looking at the new statistics published by the transport department 30 lakh vehicles need to obtain their HSRP’s and colour coded stickers.
What is an HSRP?
- So, an HSRP is an advanced number plate and has a chromium hologram sticker. This plate holds the information regarding the designated RTO, your vehicle registration number and two, 10-digit laser branded permanent identification numbers (PINs) corresponding to each of the plates.
- It also features the vehicle chassis number for easier identification of the vehicles in case of vehicle theft.
How to book an appointment for an HSRP?
- You can book your slot through bookmyhsrp.com
- The first step includes entering all the booking details. These details include,
state (Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh or Delhi)
- Vehicle’s registration number
- Chassis No. (Only the last 5 digits including special characters if any)
- Engine No. (Only the last 5 digits including special characters if any)
- In the end, captcha.
- Next, enter all the necessary vehicle details including,
- Bharat Stage. This is the exhaust emission regulation the vehicle adheres to. To know the vehicle’s BS or Bharat Stage refer the link.
- On the same link, you can also get the vehicle registration date.
- Don’t forget to add the fuel type and the manufacturer.
- Even the details of the vehicle type and the vehicle category you can refer to the same link.
- In the end, upload a picture of your RC which should not exceed 3MB in size.
Before going to the next step, you have to give the contact details of the vehicle’s owner.
- In the next step, select the nearest location to get the HSRP installed.
- After that, select the date and time when you can go and get the number plate installed.
- The only thing now left is to pay for the HSRP and the colour coded sticker.
Click HERE to know more about how to book an appointment for HSRP and colour-coded stickers.