Korean carmaker Hyundai is on to prove its dominance on the Indian auto sector. With the ever-increasing trend for SUV’s many luxury brands such as Lamborghini, Porsche and Rolls Royce have also decided to try their luck in this segment to keep up with the changing interests of consumers.
Genesis is Hyundai’s luxury division and so far we have only a seen sedan’s in its previous line-ups. However, Hyundai might be rethinking on its sales strategy and could be working hard on developing at least two SUVs that are slated for launch soon under its Genesis brand.
- The Hyundai Genesis GV80 might feature the same specs as of its model being sold in the international markets which include a 304hp, 2.5-litre, six-cylinder petrol engine; a 380hp, 3.5-litre, V6 petrol unit and a 278hp, 3.0-litre, in-line six-cylinder diesel engine.
Not to Miss: Why Hyundai Kona EV Is Loved By Government Officials
- Design-wise the Hyundai Genesis GV80 looks a lot like the Bentley Bentayga and supports a large diamond-fenced grille and a very unique two-part headlight setup.
- The Hyundai Genesis also features a well-proportioned shoulder side-lines and quintessential two-part designed tailgates and a massive ‘Genesis’ branding on the boot.
- Coming on the Inside, the Hyundai Genesis GV80 seems to have a very minimalistic dashboard with features like a digital instrument cluster and honestly the digital instrument cluster doesn’t seem to be a feature as it will also come in the next-gen Elite i20.
- Other additional features on the Genesis GV80 consists of a climate control panel with a mix of touch and capacitive buttons and a two-spoke steering wheel, which is very common amongst the new Hyundai line-up like the new Grandeur and Sonata.
- There are no official reports on the prospects of the GV80 coming to India anytime soon. However, Hyundai could launch the Genesis brand in the country with a smaller GV70 instead, which is due to release next year.
Fun Read: Hyundai Aura Is The New Compact Sedan0