The upcoming third generation of the Hyundai i20 is due for its debut at the 2020 Auto Expo in Greater Noida. The 2020 Hyundai i20 is getting a host of segment-first features like an all-digital instrument cluster and Hyundai’s propriety BlueLink™ connected car technology.
2020 Hyundai i20 | Highlights
- The new i20 is all set and ready to mark its arrival in India in 2020
- The Hyundai i20 was the car that practically paved the way for the premium hatchback segment in India.
- The New Hyundai i20 will get premium features like an all-digital instrument cluster and will make use of Hyundai’s in-house developed BlueLink™ connected car technology that debuted first in the Hyundai Venue earlier this year.
- Feature-wise, the 2020 Hyundai i20 will be very similar to the upcoming 2020 Hyundai Creta which will also be showcased at the Auto Expo this year.
- The Hyundai i20 will also get a larger 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with surround sound speakers.
- Other features include; wireless charging, automatic climate control, rear AC vents, push-button start/stop, front and rear armrests, sunroof and six airbags for safety.
- Under the bonnet, the Hyundai i20 will probably get the same 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine from the Hyundai Venue.
- The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine churns out 120 bhp and 172 nm of torque. The new i20 will also get the 7-speed DCT (dual-clutch transmission) gearbox, same as the Venue.
- For the diesel, the Hyundai i20 will ditch the old 1.4 CRDi and make use of the 1.5 turbocharged diesel that does the duty on the KIA Seltos. However, the engine will be slightly de-tuned.
- Both the petrol and the diesel engines are expected to be BS6 complaint.
- The 2020 Hyundai i20 is expected to be priced in the range of ₹5.52 lakh to ₹9.34 lakh.
- The Hyundai i20 is will pe pitched against strong rivals like the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and the Honda Jazz.