Kia has finally launched its luxury MPV today, February 5th at Auto Expo 2020. With already reaching 1,400 people willing to get the car on its first day of booking. Below are some things you need to know if you are considering buying the Kia Carnival.
Kia Carnival | Price
The starting price for the Carnival is 24.95Lkahs INR which goes all the way up to 33.95 lakhs. This makes it a direct rival of Innova Crysta which offers fewer features when compared to Kia Carnival.
The Kia Carnival will be offered in three trims:
- Premium- 7 to 8 seats
- Prestige- 7 to 9 seats
- Limousine- 7 seats
- The Kia Carnival comes bundled with a 2.2 Litre BS6 Compliant diesel providing 197 Bhp and 440Nm torque.
- This engine is paired with an 8 Speed Sportsmatic Automatic transmission.
The MPV is filled to the brim with features
- 10 Inch alloy wheels, LED position lamps, front and rear skid plates
- Roof rails, LED fog lamps, LED taillights and rear spoiler with LED.
- The MPV is 5115mm long and has a boot space of 540 Litres.
- As for the interior, it features a 10-way power driver seat, automatic cruise control, auto defogger
- An 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, Harman/Kardon 8 speaker sound system, wireless charging and a rearview camera.
The Kia Carnival also comes with a myriad of safety features ensuring a safe and relaxing drive.
- It features an Anti-lock braking system (ABS) and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD).
- Electronic stability program along with hill assist, rollover mitigation and cornering brake control ensure car control at every corner.
- Driver and passenger airbags, front and rear parking sensor, high line tyre pressure sensor and more to name a few features.
The Carnival will come in three colour options:
- Aurora Black Pearl
- Steel Silver
- Glacier White Pearl
Earlier we were a bit skeptical about the rivals but after having a brief look at the specs and the prices at which the carnival has been launched it will surely rival the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta in the MPV segment. While in the luxury segment we surely can see the Carnival giving a tough competition to the Mercedes V-class and the Toyota Vellfire.