Kia Seltos has been ruling the Indian auto sector since its launch in India on August 22nd 2019. The Seltos is competitively priced in the range of ₹9.69 lakh to ₹16.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The popularity of the car can be measured from the fact that within a period of 2 months over 50,000 units of the Seltos have been booked and 13,990 units have been sold by the end of September. Now, Kia Motors has also started exporting Seltos.
Read More: KIA Launches Beat360 In India
KIA Seltos Export | Highlights
- There have been several reports claiming that KIA will export over 500 units of the Seltos to South-America and later to the Middle-East and other South-Asian markets.
- Just recently the KIA Seltos was nominated to for the 2020 World Car of The Year award.
- The Kia Seltos is available in two trims; Tech Line and GT Line. The Tech Line is further divided into five variants; HTE, HTK, HTK Plus, HTX and HTX Plus. The GT Line gets three; GTK, GTX and GTX Plus.
- The KIA Seltos is available in three BS6 compliant engine options; 1.5-litre petrol (113bhp and 144 Nm of torque), 1.5-litre VGT diesel (113bhp and 250 Nm of torque) and 1.4-litre Turbo GDI petrol (138bhp and 242 Nm of torque).
- All the three engines on the KIA Seltos get a standard 6-speed manual gearbox. The automatic options include IVT in 1.5-litre petrol, 6-speed AT in 1.5-litre VGT diesel and 7-speed DCT in 1.4-litre Turbo GDI petrol variant.
- KIA Motors which is a sister entity of Hyundai Motors has invested $ 2 billion in India which includes $ 1 billion at its manufacturing facility which holds a capacity of 3 lakh units annually.
- As per leading media reports, Glovis India Anantpur Pvt Ltd Managing Director Jim Young Kim has signed a memorandum which would offer tailormade facilities and concessional benefits for the export of vehicles to KIA Motors.
- The agreement signed would be valid till 2029 and KIA Motors would exclusively use Chennai Port for exports of vehicles, he said. KIA Motors India COO Jong Soo Kim said the company would look at gradually increase the shipment from the Chennai Port Trust.
- Chennai Port Trust Chairman P Raveendran quoted ‘Hyundai Motor India has been shipping its cars from the port since 2005 and they have renewed the agreement till 2028. The port was offering reduced commercial charges based on the export volume committed by KIA Motors, he said.
- To a question on the handling of cars at the port, he said till August the Port shipped 79,530 cars as against 52,948 cars shipped last financial year. “The export of KIA Motors from Chennai Port Trust is expected to boost this further,” he added