The Indian auto giant Mahinda and Mahindra recently teased another SUV, the Bolero Neo. This new SUV is essentially a facelift of the TUV300 with a whole lot of cosmetic as well as mechanical changes. As per the news from Mahindra, they will be launching a completely new range of vehicles for the Indian market, the Bolero Neo is one of them.
Well, apart from the Mahindra Bolero Neo the company will also launch a new premium SUV XUV 700 later this month. And the deliveries of the XUV700 may start in the festive season this year.
Eyeing on the official teaser of the Mahindra Bolero Neo, this is what we now know.
What Powers the New Bolero Neo?
Under the hood, we can expect the Bolero Neo to get the same 1.5-litre turbo diesel BS6 engine that powers the XUV300.
- This motor is healthy enough to generate a maximum power of 114bhp and 300Nm of peak torque.
- Also, the power from the engine is transmitted to the wheels via a 5-speed manual transmission.
- Additionally, there might be an option of an AMT in the later stages.
- A unique aspect of the Bolero Noe’s powertrain and the drivetrain has to the engine’s orientation.
- The engine in this SUV is likely to be mounted longitudinally. This means the SUV will get a rear-wheel drive setup.
Are there any cosmetic changes?
As the Bolero Neo shares most of the parts with the TUV300, it sure looks a lot similar. Like the old TUV, the new Mahindra Bolero Neo gets a similar boxy design that comprehends the SUV appeal.
- With that, the SUV also gets, raised bonnet line with a halogen headlight setup. Moving to the side, Bolero Neo will most probably get haunched wheel arches enhancing the overall SUV stance.
- Now climbing on the inside, we can expect the SUV to get a complete makeover of the interior. This includes better and a lot more modern instrument cluster white backlighting.
- Going with the flow, the SUV should also get connected car tech with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Are there any rivals?
Bottom line is that this SUV lands in the subcompact SUV segment. Hence, it rivals the likes of some best selling cars like Marti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon, Hyundai Venue and more.
Moreover, we can expect Mahindra to price this SUV a little differently. Speaking of which, we assume the prices to range from ₹9 lakhs to about ₹13 lakhs ex-showroom.
Recommended: Mahindra XUV700 Gets New Personalised Safety Tech