Mahindra has gracefully occupied a share of electric vehicle in the commercial market. But to challenge the consumer market, Mahindra is set to launch not one btw two electric SUVs.
As per some reports and sources, Mahindra may launch the electric iterations of XUV300 and KUV100 in 2022. That said, Mahinda also released a glimpse of their 5-year plan. This is where they exclaimed all the SUV launched in the next 5 years till 2026. But let’s not deviate and focus on the two EV’s coming next year.
Mahindra’s electric vehicle’s line-up
As of now, Mahindra only offers an eVerito that is available in the commercial segment. But with the entry of these two electric SUV, Mahindra claims to achieve about 30% to 50% of vehicles in the EV space between the years 2025 to 2030.
Showcased at the AutoExpo last year, Mahindra eKUV100 is said to target the commuter segment that is looking for an affordable EV. Also, this vehicle can be a perfect rival of all the small to medium hatchbacks and also the upcoming Toyota Hyryder EV.
- Mahindra also revealed some information about the new eKUV100 long back. As per those, the electric KUV100 will offer a 40kW electric motor with 120Nm of peak torque.
- Powering the motor may be a 15.9kWh battery that’ll lend the vehicle a claimed range of about 120Kms.
- Additionally, the eKUV might also offer the convenience of fast charging. This means the car may charge up from 0-100% in about 55 minutes.
- And the regular charging time can range anywhere from 5hrs 45mins to 5hrs 50minutes.
Along with the eKUV100, Mahindra also flaunted a more premium electric SUV the eXUV300 last year at the AutoExpo.
- The electric XUV300 is said to have a more powerful motor with a bigger battery.
- With that, Mahindra also says the eXUV300 can go longer on a single charge of a battery than the KUV100.
- With a more powerful motor and longer range, Mahindra eXUV300 can be a good buy.
- This also has to do with the platform on which it will be based. That means, it will most probably as safe as the IC version of the XUV300. The one that scored 5-stars in the Global NCAP crash test rating.
Both of the electric vehicles from Mahindra should be prices competitively to drive their sales up. So, all we can do right now is wait, something interesting is waiting to happen. Let us know in the comment section, which vehicle will you prefer? the one with an engine or the one with an electric motor.
Latest News, The New Toyota Wagon R Is An EV?
Interesting read: The Best Car Garages You Can Have Under 15 Lakhs [Part 1]