The impossible is about to happen! Within days of Mahindra announcing the all-new Mahindra XUV700, the brand has now listed the new super SUV on its official website.
After almost a year of rigorous testings on various terrains, the homegrown carmaker is all set to introduce the Mahindra XUV500 successor. Rumour also has it that with its launch Mahindra might temporarily discontinue the existing XUV500.
What changes did we spot on the test mule?
- Looking at the spied image we can clearly make out that the upgraded version of the XUV500 will boast dual-tone alloy wheels. After having closer look at the wheels one cam also spot rear disc breaks and flush-fitting door handles.
- That’s not all the looking at these spy shots it is pretty evident that the new XUV 500 Successor will also have features like an integrated spoiler with a high mounted stop lamp, rear wiper and washer, boot lid-mounted number plate holder, and A-pillar mounted ORVMs.
Any new updates on the power front?
- The new 7-seater SUV will come with petrol as well as a diesel powertrain.
Not just an ordinary petrol, but Mahindra’s powerful turbo petrol mStallion engines.
- The XUV700 will get an option of a manual as well as an automatic transmission.
- Also, similar to XUV500 the new SUV may also get an AWD system that will definitely improve the driveability of the vehicle.
Any existing rivals?
- The new desi super SUV will have to lock its horns with the MG Gloster, Mg Hector Plus and the Tata Safari.