Something is brewing inside Maruti Suzuki! You ask why? The brand has released a teaser of the Baleno hatchback on the NEXA experience Instagram handle.
The most important thing to notice is that the teaser video featuring Maruti Suzuki Baleno has a tagline – “A Big Surprise is Coming Soon”.
Looking at the teaser it’s pretty clear that Maruti is preparing to introduce a new update on the Baleno. According to leading media, Maruti could re-introduce the turbo variant.
Rumours also suggest that this update could also be a special edition of the Baleno hatchback being launched to rival the likes of the recently launched Next-gen Hyundai i20.
What are the expected power specifications?
- If the speculations are correct, it seems that Maruti is all set to bring on the Bs6 compliant 1.0-litre booster jet engine as the new update in the new Maruti Baleno.
- This powerful engine is capable of producing 100.5hp with 150Nm of peak torque.
- Transmission options include a standard 5-speed manual gearbox.
- We can also expect Maruti to feature 48V “Strong Hybrid Technology” which will make the car more fuel-efficient than the standard Baleno.
Will there be any other changes on the new Baleno?
- Going by speculation the new Baleno is also expected to feature a new sporty body kit and an upgraded interior.