It was not too long ago when a 5-door version of the Maruti Suzuki Jimny caught the eyes of many while being tested on Indian road. The Maruti Suzuki Jimny has always been under the limelight since it was first rumoured that the Homegrown brand could be planning to launch the Jimny in India.
But this time around key specification about the Mahindra Thar rival has surfaced the internet giving us some exposure about the off-roader. Going by leading media reports the Jimny will also be offered with 3-door option as well.
- According to the leaked document new 5-door, Jimny will measure 3,850 mm in length, 1,645 mm in width, 1,730 mm in height and will have a wheelbase of 2,550 mm.
- It will weigh almost 1,190kgs while offering a ground clearance of 210mm.
- On the mechanical front, we’ll get to see the usual 1,460cc 1.5L K15B petrol engine.
- This engine generates about 120PS of power at 6,000 RPMs with a peak torque of 130Nm at 4,000 RPMs.
- Transmission options include a standard 5-speed manual and an optional 4-speed AT gearbox.
- It will ride on 15-inch wheels with 195/80 tyres.
Will the Indian-Spec Jimny resemble its International-Spec (feature-wise)?
- Feature-wise the International-spec variant comes equipped with Suzuki’s SmartPlay touchscreen infotainment system, multi-functional steering wheel and power-adjustable ORVMs.
- Additional features include 15-inch split-style alloy wheels and projector headlamps with LED DRLs.
- The Indian-spec variant, however, might not feature the same bells and whistles as its International cousin.
- Certain reports also suggest that we could see the 5-door 2021 Maruti Jimny/Gypsy by as early as 2021 with an expected price range of Rs. 12-15 lakh (Ex-showroom)