During an exclusive interview with a leading media house, MG officials have silently confirmed that the all-new MG Gloster could be viewed as a direct rival to the Toyota land Cruiser Prado and the Jeep Cherokee and just an alternative to the less fortunate Toyota Fortuner.
Just to clear facts, the Land Cruiser Prado goes up the market with the starting price of Rs 92.60 lakh (ex-showroom) making the MG Gloster a much pocket-friendly price for this premium offering.
- However, the engine specification of the MG Gloster is not available we can expect the Gloster to be offered with variants a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine and a 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine.
- The petrol unit is expected to put out 224hp of with 360 Nm of peak torque, while the diesel engine will generate 214hp with 480Nm of peak torque. the engine is also expected to have an optional 4WD system.
- Although the Chinese variant which is sold as the Maxus D90 where it comes with the same engine specifications. However, the MG Gloster comes with two transmission option a 6-speed manual and an 8-speed automatic gearbox.
- As of now the most expensive product form the company is the MG ZS EV which rivals the likes of the Hyundai Kona.
- The Gloster was unveiled at this year’s auto expo and is expected to make its debut in the Indian market by September 2020.Want to know more about the MG Gloster. Click Here