This comes straight from the boss! Zac Hollis who recently confirmed that the brand will not be launching the next generation of the Rapid but instead will introduce a new sedan in its place.
This also indicated that the Czech brand might discontinue the current-gen Rapid. Zac Hollis also confirmed that the new mid-size sedan will be placed above the Skoda Rapid.
Skoda has also been spied testing a new sedan in India codenamed “Slavia” which could also be the Skoda Rapid replacement for the Indian market.
It is also said that the new sedan will be part of the Volkswagen India 2.0 scheme and will be based on the brands MQB A0 IN platform.
What will power the new Skoda Rapid?
- This is where the party begins. This sedan from Skoda might come with a couple of fun powertrain and drivetrain options.
- So, the Rapid may get a powerful 1.5-litre Turbo Petrol TSI engine that pushes 150hp of max power and 250Nm of maximum torque.
- Also, it is expected that this engine will come either with a 6 speed MT or a 7 Speed DSG gearbox.
- The other engine is a 1.0-litre turbo petrol TSI motor that also does duties in the current-gen Skoda Rapid.
- This engine is healthy enough to produce 110hp of power and 175 Nm of peak torque. Transferring the power to the front wheels will be an option of a 6-speed MT or a 6-speed AT (torque converter).