Almost every automobile manufacturer is gearing to for their post lockdown revival and amongst those carmakers is our home-grown Tata Motors who has already revealed its 2020 line-up for the domestic market which will include the Tata Gravitas SUV rivalling the Toyota Fortuner and the upcoming MG Hector Plus closely followed by the Tata HBX in late 2020.
Coming back to what the title says, according to recent media reports Tata might have something special in store for us as the brand might be planning on launching a performance-oriented variant most it most recent launch the Tata Altroz in the coming months. It is also rumoured that the production of the new Tata Altroz Turbo will commence after the nationwide lockdown is lifted on the 17th of May 2020. Hopefully!
A New Engine
- If we go by the reports the new Altroz Turbo will feature a 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol unit punching the maximum power output to 99bhp with 141Nm of peak torque.
- While the transmission options are highly likely to include a standard 5-speed manual and an optional dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
Current-Gen Tata Altroz | Engine Specifications
- The hatchback comes with two engine options: 1.2-litre Revotron Petrol and 1.5-litre turbocharged Revotorq Diesel engines.
- The petrol variant will churn out 85hp of power and 113Nm of torque. The diesel one will be oozing out 89hp of power and a 200Nm torque. It should be noted that both of the engines will be BS6-compliant.
- The Altroz is the first car in Tata’s line-up to feature the ALFA platform (Agile, Light, Flexible and Advanced). The car also follows the Impact 2.0 design philosophy by Tata.
Tata Altorz- Variant-Wise Prices
|Fuel Type||Variants||Price (INR)|
Tata Altroz- Colour options
Tata Altroz- Exterior & Interior
- On the outside, this premium hatchback features a sporty grille, piano black ORVM, 16-inch laser cut alloy wheels, C-pillar mounted rear door handles, black contrasting roof, dual-chamber automatic projector headlamps and integrated spoilers.
- While on the inside we get to see 7-inch TFT digital instrument cluster, multifunction steering wheel, automatic climate control, cruise control, 15-litre cooled glove box, blue ambient light and an impressive 7-inch floating touchscreen infotainment system compatible with Android Auto Apple and CarPlay.
Tata Altroz | Safety Features
- Dual-front airbags
- 5-star NCAP Safety rating
- ABS with EBD and CSC
- Reverse parking sensors
- High-speed alert system
- Seatbelt reminder
- Impact sensing auto door unlock
Book Your Premium-Hatchback HERE