After an utter positive response for all black cars, Tata has now launched a completely new line-up of dark edition cars. The brand new range of dark editions of cars includes Altroz, Nexon and Nexon EV. Now, these vehicles will stand beside the already existing Tata harrier Dark Edition. But what are the changes in the Dark Edition cars from Tata? Let’s pitch in.
What Are Cosmetic Changes?
Hearing the customers, the Indian carmaker Tata has launched the chrome delete variants of most of its lineup.
- As the name suggests, the changes are meer cosmetic and there are no changes of the mechanical as well as feature front.
- That said, all cars that not get a dark edition variant, offer an all-black colour theme on the outside. Tata likes to call this the cosmo black colour.
- This includes black treatment on alloy wheels and dark chrome on the hood of the vehicle.
- In addition to that, all the cars also get a granite black colour theme on the inside.
- Standing out in the crowd is the Nexon EV that gets the blue accents on the interior as well as the exterior.
What rests under the hood?
Under the bonnet, all the cars are identical to their conventional counterparts.
Tata Altroz gets an option of 3 engines, a couple of petrol and diesel. A 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine and a 1.2-litre turbo petrol engine are offered with the Tata Altroz. Talking about the diesel, a 1.5-litre 4 cylinder motor powers this hatchback.
Tata Nexon boasts of a 1.2-litre turbo petrol engine and a 1.5-litre diesel motor. It is turbo petrol that is a little more powerful. However, surprisingly it is the 1.5-litre diesel engine that feels a little more refined because of that extra cylinder.
Tata Nexon EV runs on a 127bhp electric motor that is capable of generating 245Nm of instant torque. And being electric, there is no gearbox.
What are the prices of these Dark Edition variants?
Dark Edition Prices
|Tata Altroz||₹8.71 Lakh|
|Tata Nexon||₹10.40 Lakh|
|Tata Nexon EV||₹15.99 Lakh|
What do you think of the dark editions of the Tata cars? let us know in the comment section below.
Also, read 2021 Tata Nexon EV Gets Updated