It seems as if Tata Motors has a bunch of vehicles slated to be launched in the Indian market over the next 12-15 months. And talking about new launches, the HBX Mini SUV is a name that is still running hot. In fact, the HBX has very well managed to keep our excitement charged through different leaks and test mules.
And if you happen to be an automotive fan, or simply an avid Go Mechanic Blog reader, you know that the top-spec variant of the HBX has been spotted testing again! But before you judge the upcoming vehicle based on the recent top-spec leaks, let’s have a look at what we know so far about the upcoming Tata HBX
- Showcased as a concept car at the 2020 Auto Expo, the Tata HBX is expected to wear similar looks even for its retail avatar.
- If Spy Shots are to be believed, the production-ready version will carry a tall boy stance that will be based on Tata’s Impact Design 2.0 Philosophy.
- Upfront, the vehicle will support a split-headlamps cluster placed lower on the bumper along with the Tata’s signature grille, LED DRLs as well as stylish fog lamps.
- Other elements such as the “Humanity Line”, steeply tapered C-pillar, blacked-out B-Pillar, pronounced beltline, blacked-out alloys and squared wheel arches are also some of the design cues that are likely to be retained from the concept model.
- Based on the ALFA architecture that underpins the new Altroz, it is only a matter of time before Tata officially unveils the HBX in full glory.
- Based on the latest spy shots, leaks and test mules, the HBX will most likely retain the interiors that were featured on the concept car.
- As per the most recent spy shots, taking the centre stage on the HBX will be floating touchscreen infotainment like to be a seven inches set-up that is seen on the Altroz and the Nexon.
- What’s more, are the square-shaped air-conditioning vents that are positioned below the screen sandwiching the hazard light button.
- Further down, there would be controls for the HVAC system that also confirms the presence of automatic climate control.
- Spy shots also show the presence of a 5-speed manual transmission but do not capture any drive mode adjustment knob which Tata usually place near the transmission itself.
- Other than that, the Digi-analogue instrument cluster and the multi-functional steering resemble the one that was showcased back in 2020.
- Other confirmed details about the features onboard include the presence of cruise control, steering-mounted controls, push start/stop button and 12V socket.
The Powertrain and Transmission
- Even though the engine options are not disclosed yet, neither has there been a definitive leak but if reports are to be believed, we expect the HBX to be powered by Tata’s Revotron 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol.
- This engine already does duties on the Tigor, Altroz and the Tiago, and produces 86PS of power and 113Nm of torque. Transmission options could include a 5-speed manual and AMT.
Expected Launch and Price
- Tested, spied and exposed several times now, the HBX seems to be Tata’s new toy for rigorous testing. As far as launch goes, it is expected that the HBX will launch somewhere in Q3 of 2021.
- Price-wise, the Mini-SUV is expected to be priced between Rs 5 lakh to Rs 8 lakhs and will be positioned to lock horns with the likes of Maruti Suzuki Ignis and Mahindra KUV100.
Stay Updated: Tata HBX Top-Spec Variant Spied Testing as Launch Nears