It has been a long wait but at last, the American electric car manufacturer Tesla Inc. is at our shores, Bengaluru to be precise. Recently the carmaker has registered itself in India as ‘Tesla India Motors and Energy Pvt Ltd’.
This is how Tesla decides to go by its business
Tesla India Motors and Energy Pvt. Ltd. has registered its R&D division at Lavelle Road, Bengaluru on 8th January 2021.
- Also, they’ve started with a ₹1 lakh paid-up capital and ₹15 Lakhs authorised capital.
- To begin with the operations, Venkatrangam Sreeram, Vibhav Taneja, and David Jon Feinstein are appointed as the directors of this American car manufacturer here in India.
- In the Tesla India Motors and Energy Pvt Ltd, the duties of the accounting officer are in the hands of Vaibhav Taneja.
- Also, David Jon Feinstein is in charge of the Global Trade and New Markets.
- Tesla’s R&D in Bengaluru is the second in the world after the one in the US.
- Additionally, apart from the native country, Tesla enjoys production at its Giga Factory in Shanghai, China.
For now, Tesla is going to establish its R&D facility in Bengaluru and will commence it’s Indian operations soon. The first initiative from Tesla’s table would be the ‘order configurator’ that is speculated to be launched this month (January).
Tesla India Motors and Energy Pvt Ltd, the Future
To do business here in India, the sales team is focused towards enhancing the custom sales and production via the use of the configurator.
- Currently, Tesla Model 3 is the one that will first come to our land. That too, it’ll be an import.
- Additionally, Tesla also exclaims that they are thinking of starting a manufacturing plant here in India. Besides, this is not happening any time soon.
- This is where cars from Tesla’s line-up will witness a drastic price drop.
It has finally happened after a wait of about 3 years that ‘Tesla’ is finally here in India. How will Tesla fair in our country, what is your take on it? Let us know in the comment section.